Tuesday, July 25, 2006

Air Blog

Coming at you from row 25, seat H on Lufthansa's flight - we are somewhere over the Atlantic right now. I love the in-flight hot spot. It's so awesome, we paid the $5 for two hours to get online.

The end of the trip was amazing. I'll be posting pictures by the end of this week. We definitely have more stories to share than the few blogs that I posted. I'll be sure to update the photos with those stories.

Interesting thing happened in the airport this morning. My fun bag was searched and one of my gifts was confiscated. I bought a 20MM shell casing in Bosnia which had been used most likely during the war. It had been decorated with some Turkish motif and the city name, MOSTAR, inscribed on the side. It was bought at the Old Turkish market where a store had numerous sizes of this particular item. It was a very cool, and highly unusual item. The people at the second security gate claimed that it could not be taken onto the plane because I could fill it with explosives. I was a little fired up and asked how would I have explosives in my bag and you didn't see them? That logic didn't work and I don't have the shell casing. Frank also purchased one so we'll see if it made it through the luggage.

Overall, three weeks of vacation is the best. You realize how much you can see and experience without feeling denied of more time. Of course, I could keep traveling, but duty and responsibility calls. We'll be back to work in short time.

Hvala, Danke, and Thank you for all your support while we were gone.

1 comment:

NoShow said...

Awwwww, weak!!

I had this feeling when I read this that the shell was my little gift. Boo!

Thanks for the thought, though :D And welcome back!